The Parent Council Is Made Up Of The Following Members:
Chairperson: Chris Shields
Treasurer: Joanna Shields
Alison MacKerron, Maria Brolly
What Does The Parent Council Do?
The objectives of the Parent Council are: –
- To work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school which is inclusive for all parents;
- To promote partnership between the school, its pupils and all its parents;
- To develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils;
- To identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
The Duties Of The Parent Council.
The Parent Council may participate in the selection of the senior promoted staff of the school.
The Parent Council is required to: –
- Provide the Local Authority, if requested, with information on the activities of the Parent Council;
- Consider the advice of the Head Teacher and Local Authority on any matters;
- Taje account, in the exercise of their functions, of the statutory duties of Midlothian Council;
- Keep proper accounts of funds raised by their own hand.
A copy of the Parent Council’s constitution is available by clicking here.