The Parent Council Is Made Up Of The Following Members:
Chairperson: Annette Egan
Vice Chair: Suzie Fegan
Treasurer: Joanna Shields
Secretary: Kelly Stewart
Maria Brolly , vacancy
What Does The Parent Council Do?
The objectives of the Parent Council are: –
- To work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school which is inclusive for all parents;
- To promote partnership between the school, its pupils and all its parents;
- To develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils;
- To identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
The Duties Of The Parent Council.
The Parent Council may participate in the selection of the senior promoted staff of the school.
The Parent Council is required to: –
- Provide the Local Authority, if requested, with information on the activities of the Parent Council;
- Consider the advice of the Head Teacher and Local Authority on any matters;
- Take account, in the exercise of their functions, of the statutory duties of Midlothian Council;
- Keep proper accounts of funds raised by their own hand.
A copy of the Parent Council’s constitution is available by clicking here.
If you would like to be a member of the Parent Council and represent the views of parents, contact the School Office initially.